Note:CityEngine Web Viewer is deprecated and may not be supported in future releases of ArcGIS Online.
With CityEngine Web Viewer, you can interact with 3D city scenes and other 3D scenes in a browser to do the following:
- Navigate the scene by panning and zooming and changing perspective.
- Choose specific layers to view.
- Swipe the scene to reveal different proposals and scenarios.
- Search scene content for features, attributes, and metadata.
For more details on how you can interact with 3D scenes, see Use CityEngine Web Viewer. Also, see Scene Viewer and CityEngine Web Viewer differences to learn about the purposes and functions of each viewer.
CityEngine Web Viewer supports the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
Internet Explorer 11 and Edge Legacy are no longer supported. Please use the latest versions of the browsers listed above.
The latest versions of the most common desktop browsers have built-in WebGL. To test whether your browser has WebGL enabled, open get.webgl.org. To troubleshoot WebGL-related issues, visit WebGL troubleshooting. Make sure you keep your browser up to date as WebGL is an evolving technology and each browser version brings improvements that CityEngine Web Viewer uses for optimal performance. To use CityEngine Web Viewer, your browser should have hardware acceleration enabled.
- For best performance, it is recommended to use 64-bit browsers.
- Adjust the performance-quality settings in your browser to optimize performance or quality in your scene.
Additional WebGL requirements
In addition to basic WebGL support, CityEngine Web Viewer has the following requirements for WebGL:
- High precision fragment shaders
- Vertex shader samplers
- Uint vertex indices (OES_element_index_uint extension)
You can verify your browser meets these requirements at www.webglreport.com.
For best performance, it is recommended that your browser have a minimum of 8 GB system memory and modern graphics hardware for 3D.
Minimum requirements are a high-performance graphics card with at least 512 MB of video memory. For the best performance, it is recommended that you have a graphics card with at least 1 GB of video memory, especially for working with larger or more memory-intensive 3D scenes. High-performance, stand-alone graphics cards typically have better performance than integrated graphics cards.
Create Web Scenes for CityEngine Web Viewer
- ArcGIS CityEngine is a software package that allows you to efficiently create 3D urban landscapes using your existing GIS data, as well as do conceptual geodesign in 3D. Once the landscape has been authored, the 3D scene can be uploaded directly to ArcGIS Enterprise. Users can then use the ArcGIS system to share those visualizations to others through a web browser using CityEngine Web Viewer without installing any software.
- Export To 3D Web Scene exports ArcScene documents to CityEngine Web Scene format.
Learn more about ArcGIS CityEngine
The ArcGIS CityEngine website is your main resource for finding out more about ArcGIS CityEngine and its features. You can also visit the CityEngine community to find additional information about CityEngine. The community has samples, blog posts, forum threads, videos, and documentation related to CityEngine and CityEngine Web Viewer.