Before deploying and configuring ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes silently, it is recommended that you use the password-encrypt.sh tool to generate an encrypted string that can be used as input in the deploy.properties and configure.properties files.
Run the password-encrypt.sh tool
The password-encrypt.sh tool can be run interactively or silently. It encrypts a user-generated password and outputs it as an encrypted string using AES-256 encryption.
The client workstation used to run this tool must be in accordance with supported environments.
To run the tool, two inputs are required:
- The path to your plain text keyfile
- A specified password to encrypt
To run the tool, do the following:
- On your Kubernetes client machine, open a terminal as an administrator.
- Using a local or shared network path, create a text file, for example, one named keyfile.txt.
- Edit the keyfile.txt file to contain plain text that will be converted to an encrypted string.
Do not enter sensitive information in this file.
- Save the file.
- Run the password-encrypt.sh tool interactively or silently.
- Add the encrypted string to each properties file before you run the deployment script and create an organization.