In ArcGIS Enterprise, you can use a locator to turn addresses or place-names into points on the map.
Add geocode services in ArcGIS Enterprise
To turn addresses into points on the map in your organization, you must add a geocode service to your organization and configure it as a Utility Service. You can configure and use the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service, but this requires ArcGIS Online credits to do batch geocoding. Alternatively, you can publish your own locator as a geocode service to ArcGIS Enterprise and use it.
See Configure utility services for more information on setting a locator in your organization to enable geocoding. For information on configuring the service, see the next sections.
Configure the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service for ArcGIS Enterprise
To configure the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service for ArcGIS Enterprise, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your organization as an administrator.
- Go to Organization tab, click Settings, and click > ArcGIS Online.
- Check the Geocode check box and enter your ArcGIS Online user name and password. Note that any time the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service is used for batch geocoding in this organization, credits are deducted from the account of the ArcGIS Online user you specify on this dialog box.
- Click Configure.
Configure your own locator
To configure your own locator, complete the following steps:
- Create a locator in ArcGIS Pro using your data.
- Share a locator from ArcGIS Pro and configure the number of instances per pod of the locator in ArcGIS Pro.
- Allocate more resources to the pod if
Configure the number of pods, maximum memory, and maximum CPU for the locator in ArcGIS Enterprise Manager. You must be an organization administrator to allocate resources.
- Go to Organization > Settings > Utility Services and configure the shared locator for your organization.