Software upgrades provide an organization with a new version of the software, with new features, improved functionality, and sometimes a different look and feel. An upgrade typically moves the software from one version to another (for example, from version 10.9.0 to version 10.9.1). When performing an upgrade, the upgrade process may include other available updates such as patches that have become available between software releases.
Before performing an upgrade, review update and upgrade requirements.
Apply an upgrade
When a new version of ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes is released, the option to upgrade your software is available in ArcGIS Enterprise Manager. The process of upgrading the organization will automatically include all available software updates to ensure the organization is up to date with the latest stability and performance enhancements.
Before upgrading, learn about new features and identify any changes that may affect your organization's members.
Caution:Always make a backup of your organization before applying upgrades.
To upgrade to a new released version, follow these steps:
- Sign in to ArcGIS Enterprise Manager as an administrator.
- At the bottom of the navigation sidebar, click Updates.
The Software updates page appears.
- Click Upgrade now to upgrade your organization to the latest software release.
Before proceeding with an upgrade, a full system backup is strongly recommended. This will allow you to restore your organization to its previous state as necessary.
- Click Continue to begin the upgrade process.
Detailed status updates are shown on the dialog box until the upgrade is complete.
- Clear your browser's cache (including cookies). Information in the cache from the previous version of the website may cause the upgraded organization to display incorrectly, and you may not be able to sign in. It's recommended that you clear the cache on all browsers that will view the upgraded organization (including ArcGIS Enterprise Manager and your ArcGIS Enterprise portal).
If you encounter a failure while performing an upgrade, review tips for troubleshooting.