Usage statistics are important tools for monitoring GIS service usage in your organization. Use service usage statistics to better understand how clients use your services and to identify potential issues that may affect the performance of your services.
You can do the following with service usage statistics:
- View historical service usage data for your services and plan your future deployment needs accordingly.
- Manage the services in your deployment to handle increases in load or traffic.
- Identify the services that are most used as well as the peak and off-peak periods.
- Identify potential slowdown in response times or throughput for your services.
- Troubleshoot issues with your services and inspect the logs.
You can use service usage statistics to answer questions about your organization and deployment such as the following:
- What is the rate of requests the deployment has handled in the past week?
- How was the service request load distributed over a specified period of time?
- How are the services performing over a period of time?
- How is one service performing compared to another related service?
- When should the replicas of a certain feature layer that is being used in many applications be increased?
Metrics are collected for the following service types:
- Feature services
- Map services
- Tiled map services
- Geocode services
- Geometry services